Sunday brunch must be one of my favourite things. Ever. I love nothing more than waking up late, bumbling around the kitchen and cooking delicious food for a bunch of my favourite people. These courgette and sweet corn fritters make an amazing addition to brunch. They take no time at all to put together and taste seriously amazing with poached eggs and grilled asparagus.
These fritters are gluten-free and vegetarian friendly! A word of warning, coconut flour can be slightly temperamental. I buy all my flours from www.HealthySupplies.co.uk and the coconut flour that I buy is very absorbent. If you find your batter is too funny, add another tablespoon of coconut flour to thicken. The fritters should be able to hold their shape when you place them in the pan.
- 1/2 large courgette
- 5 tbsp sweetcorn
- 1 spring onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 brown rice flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to season
- Grilled asparagus, poached eggs to serve
- Grate half a courgette, gently squeeze the grated courgette in kitchen paper to remove excess water and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add all the other fritter ingredients and combine. The coconut flour will soak up liquid very quickly. You should have a stiff mixture that can be moulded into patties.
- Add one tablespoon of oil to a frying pan and gently pan fry the fritters in both sides until they are golden brown.
- Simultaneously poach your egg and grill your asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!