So things have been pretty hectic around these here parts recently! I’ve just passed my driving test (yay!) and so have been pretty busy in the lead up to that! What has really saved me is recipes like this one. A great on-the-go breakfast recipe! The kind of recipe where you splodge a load of tasty ingredients in a pot and hope for the best!
So I love porridge. It’s so filling and always tastes amazing. Trouble is, at work I don’t have time to be heating porridge up in the pan. I occasionally use those Oatso simple sachets and they are fine, but they never fast as good as freshly made porridge, and they have sugar in them. So I wanted to make something that did taste as good. And boy oh boy, this recipe nails it!
Overnight oats are really trendy right now, and I can see why. You pop all your favourite ingredients in a pot, soak them overnight and you have a delicious breakfast ready to eat hot or cold in the morning! The soaking is the key part of this recipe. It plumps up the fruit and let’s all the lovely flavours from the vanilla and cacao soak into the oats. Honestly, I’m drooling just thinking about it! I ate this everyday for about a week – I regret nothing!
You will need:
- 1 cup oat flakes
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/4 raw cacao powder
- 1.5 cups of coconut milk (the milk alternative not from the can)
- 1/2 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 1 heaped tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup of sultanas
- 1/4 cup of black mulberries
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- I used frozen raspberries to garnish, these are optional but highly recommended!
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and combine well. Add more coconut milk if you prefer your porridge to have a runnier consistency.
- Dot with frozen raspberries and leave to soak in the fridge overnight.
- Enjoy the next morning hot or cold! Even thought it was really hot this week, I still ate my oats warm. I microwaved them for around one minute and they were GOOD.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe! I’m off to make another batch! Nom!
One thought on “Overnight chocolate and raspberry oats ”