Who doesn’t love a good pancake? I ruddy love pancakes. These fluffy little beds of deliciousness make the nicest brunch or dessert, or heck even breakfast! But they aren’t always the healthiest option.
Yep, that is right! Healthy pancakes that won’t go straight to your hips! Just in time for pancake day!
What is the secret I hear you cry?
Well lovely people, I will tell you.
I swear – bananas are possibly the most versatile ingredient I have ever come across. They are the secret ingredient in my Cacao Nicecream, my Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fudge and now in these delicious pancakes!
This recipe is super simple. Blend, fry, eat. The best thing to make on a lazy Sunday morning.
This recipe serves two, and takes no more then ten minutes to cook and assemble. I found it took even less time to eat. I topped mine with blueberries, cherries and coconut nectar because this is what I had to hand. But you can really add whatever takes your fancy! Greek yoghurt, honey and peaches would be DIVINE! Or Pistachios, figs, yoghurt and honey!
I am positively drooling at the thought.
Anyway, here is how i did it!
- 1 banana (peeled, the riper the better)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Optional toppings: blueberries, cherries and coconut nectar.
- Blend the banana, eggs, oat flour, cinnamon and vanilla powder in a food mixer until you have a smooth consistency. I used my NutriBullet!
- Melt the coconut oil over a low heat in a frying pan.
- Drop one spoonful of mixture into the hot oil. Of course, you can make bigger pancakes – but there is something super cute about tiny medallion-sized pancakes. Make sure you cook evenly on both sides.
- Serve with fresh blueberries and cherries, and a squeeze of your favourite syrup!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know your favourite pancake toppings!